Dart Music Festival 2023
Friday 19 May 2023 – Sunday 21 May 2023
It’s that time of year again. To quote the lyrics of the Beatles and Cockney Rebel hit… Here Comes the Sun! And with the weather forecast looking great for the coming weekend, we can’t think of a better place to go than the Dart Music Festival.
The Dart Music Festival is in its 26th year and kicks off on Friday evening. This fabulous free three day event takes over the town attracting the top musicians from all over the UK.
From organ recitals to folk punk, rock, choral, opera and jazz… this fizzing eclectic mix of musical genres takes place throughout the town; in churches, Dartmouth Castle, Bayards Cove Fort, the Bandstand in the park, the Old Market Square, the Guildhall and the Flavel. The restaurants, cafes and pubs throughout the town also join in the foot tapping fun with a great lineup of talented musicians to boogie to over the weekend.
Just a few of the amazing artists at the 2023 Dart Music Festival
- Christie Reeves – soulful campfire pop of the Stevie Nicks genre
- Soul Strutters – very excited to see this much acclaimed band on the South-West music scene playing at the festival
- The Jamestown Brothers – this UK folk punk and festival scene band got together in 2019. Their unique exciting sounds combine the storytelling roots of folk, mixed with country, celtic and punk
- Erland Vestby – the outstanding cellist who will be performing J S Bach’s first three unaccompanied cello Suites.
- Gozer Goodspeed – a raucous foot-stomping show of deeply original blues-folk
- Catharine Hamilton, Soprano – don’t miss Catharine’s performance at St. Saviour’s Church. (She was chosen as the soloist for an official recording for HRH Prince William)
- Cable Street Collective – dance away to the Afro Beat of this funky band’s combination of West Africa’s musical styles
- The Drat Pack with Adam Moran – If swing is your thing don’t miss The Drat Pack perform classics from Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael Buble plus those of modern-day icons; Pharrell Williams, Bruno Mars and Cee-Lo Green
- Ferris and Sylvester – winners of the Best UK album in the UK Americana Awards, Blues-Rock British folk duo from London described as “slinky, sassy, totally gorgeous and going places”. You can catch them on Sunday!
Catharine Hamilton – Soprano – Courtesy Dart Music Festival
Ferris and Sylvester – Blues, Americana, Rock and Roll – Courtesy Dart Music Festival
The Dart Music Festival is FREE
A great weekend of entertainment for all the family. Join in the fun; dance, sing along or laze on a deckchair and relax. Don’t forget to check out some of the amazing cafes, pubs and bistros too and celebrate in style!
Parking for the Dart Music Festival
We recommend parking at the Park and Ride at the top of the town (just on from Sainsburys) and hopping on the bus into town. Parking is just £5 (for max. 6 people) and saves the hassle of driving around the town trying to park while the event is on. The service runs from the car park to Dartmouth town centre. Use the postcode TQ6 0JL.
It’s not too late to book your Finest Stay for the weekend. Check out availability here.