Welcome to Dusky Cottage
Location: Hope Cove
Dusky Cottage Overview
Dusky Cottage is equidistant between the yachting haven Salcombe, and set on an idyllic country lane leading down to the golden bay of Hope Cove. Push open the sky-blue gate and you’ll be smitten. This 250-year-old self-catering cottage is sure to capture the hearts of all the family.
With its four-poster bed, the master bedroom is like one from a storybook and sits alongside two twin bedrooms – all of which enjoy far-reaching southerly vistas of the rolling hills. One of the twins features an en suite shower room, whilst the other bedrooms share the family bathroom with its tempting claw-foot tub.
The ruby red and royal blue guest suite is on the ground floor. Perfect for grandparents, this bedroom is just off the drawing room and has an adjoining shower room.
After fresh coffee and sugar-dusted pastries on the terrace, take a short drive down the lane to discover the tiny hub of Hope Cove. Here you’ll find a pint-size harbour, gorgeous sandy bay and smattering of delightful eateries tucked between undeveloped cliffs.
Let the infectious atmosphere win you over, at what will soon feel like your home-away-from-home. A day of beachy adventures will have you yearning for the comfort of the cottage come dusk, where a bubbling wooden hot tub and fire pit await – campfire songs optional (but when else does one get the chance?!)
There is a splendid luxury Shepherd's Hut (fully heated and with a log-burner, en suite shower room and kitchenette) next to the fire pit area in the garden which can be booked as an extra for your booking.
Two dogs are very welcome at Dusky Cottage.
No smoking in or around Dusky Cottage please due to the thatched roof.
- Bedroom (king size) with en suite shower room (shower, sink, WC)
- Drawing room with TV and gas wood burner
- Dining room
- Sitting room with large SmartTV and gas wood burner
- Laundry room
- Master bedroom (king size) leading out to terrace and summerhouse
- Bedroom (twin room) with en suite shower room (shower, sink, WC)
- Bedroom (twin room)
- Family bathroom (bath, shower, sink, WC)
- Outdoor shower next to laundry room
- Beautiful gardens behind cottage
- Gas fire pit area
- Hot tub and comfortable outdoor seating area
- Summerhouse, outdoor dining and gas BBQ
- Luxury Shepherd's Hut sleeping 2 (additional cost)
- Outdoor hot tub
- Gas fire pit
- Gas barbecue
- Outdoor shower
- 2 x gas wood burners
- Conventional hob and built-in oven
- Krups Nespresso machine
- Smart TV in main living area
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer, along with a second fridge-freezer
- Free Wifi throughout property
- Bose bluetooth speakers
- Private parking for up to 4 cars
8 (can sleep 10 if you add the luxury Shepherd's Hut to your booking)
- 2 x king size
- 2 x twin
- 1 x double in Shepherd's Hut (additional cost)
Friday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes original capsules)
Upload Speed: 150.71 Mb/s
Download Speed: 287.64 Mb/s
Last checked on 26/01/2023
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
Hand wash provided in each bathroom
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
Yes two dogs allowed charged at £45 per dog.
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Click here for information
Refundable Security Deposit
- 1 x travel cot and 1 x high chair available with prior arrangement.
- Please note: there are low ceilings throughout the property, especially in the kitchen.
- Iron and ironing board available
- Hair dryer available
- There is private parking for up to 4 cars.
- No smoking allowed in or around Dusky Cottage due to the thatched roof.
If you’d like to check any specific information that isn't mentioned in our descriptions, please call us and speak to one of our Holiday Consultants or see our FAQ's page.
Make An Enquiry
Dusky Cottage offers you...
Private drive with private gates
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Outdoor seating and fire pit
While away the evenings around the gas fire pit
Stylish interior design
Gorgeously styled interiors with sumptuous fabrics
Woofers very welcome
Dusky Cottage welcomes two furry friends
Bubbly hot tub
Relax in the private outside hot tub with countryside views
Explore the glorious gardens
A beautiful sheltered garden with quiet corners to read or chat with friends
Privacy and seclusion
Set down a tiny country road leading to the sea
South West Coastal Path just seconds away
Perfect for the family
Perfect for little ones and babes in arms
Dusky Cottage Location
15% discount on all stays throughout December 2023
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.