Welcome to 1 The Strand
1 The Strand Overview
The Strand features an impressive rooftop terrace built especially for gatherings with comfortable and stylish sitting areas with room for up to 12, high-end landscaping, and a BBQ for meals prepared while overlooking the estuary and its sandy beaches. Even better? The terrace offers bi-folding doors that can be opened to connect the terrace to the interior of the home, creating one expansive magical space on a warm summer’s day.
Even with its central location, The Strand is a quiet Salcombe home, built with your comfort in mind. That’s why all windows are double-glazed and each bedroom offers its own special air conditioning unit. The Strand has undergone a recent refurbishing, including the renovation of all of the property’s bathrooms, to live up to the standards of Finest Stays.
From the ground floor entrance, come up the stairs to the first level where you will find the kitchen, dining and sitting room plus downstairs bathroom. Huge windows line the dining and sitting rooms providing views of the terrace and the waters beyond.
Upstairs you will find the bedrooms, many with unique skylights allowing the sun to stream in during the day and offering a dreamy perspective of the starry sky above at night. The master bedroom has a super king bed, a sunny balcony overlooking the estuary and en suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 hosts a bunk bed with en suite and views over the water. Bedroom 3 is a kingsize bed with its own sunny balcony overlooking the water, and bedroom 4 is also a kingsize. There is a family bathroom for bedrooms 3 and 4.
Some of the bedrooms have specially crafted ceiling architecture, so please see floor plans for available head room in each of the spaces.
Sadly dogs are not permitted in 1 The Strand.
Allergies: please note that dogs have been in 1 The Strand.
Please note: Smoking is not allowed inside of the property
- Enter property from Whitestrand and climb one flight of stairs to reach hallway.
- Downstairs cloakroom.
- Open plan kitchen with island and two bar stools Fridge freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven, hobs and microwave.
- Indoor dining area seating 8 – 12 people.
- Large sitting room with study, fireplace, sofas, Smart TV
- Leads out to garden terrace with stunning views across the estuary.
- Terraced area includes outdoor dining area for 12 people, charcoal BBQ, clothes drying line and an outdoor seating area.
- Master Bedroom 1 with a super king bed, a balcony with fantastic views overlooking the estuary, air-conditioning, en suite bathroom (bath/shower, sink, WC).
- Bedroom 2 with bunk bed, views towards church and over the estuary, air-conditioning, en suite bathroom (shower, sink, WC).
- Bedroom 3 with king size bed, a balcony with views overlooking the estuary, and air conditioning.
- Bedroom 4 with king size bed, air conditioning.
- Family bathroom with bath/shower, sink and WC.
- Terraced area on first floor includes outdoor dining area for 12 people, charcoal BBQ, clothes drying line and an outdoor seating area.
- Balcony from master bedroom with views overlooking the estuary
- Balcony from bedroom 3 with views overlooking the estuary
- SmartTV player in living room
- Free WiFi throughout property
- Air conditioning in each bedroom
- Garden terrace with charcoal BBQ
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor comfortable seating
- 1 x long stay car park permit provided
- 1 x Super King
- 2 x King
- 1 x Bunk Beds
Saturday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes Virtuo capsules)
Upload Speed: 15.98 Mb/s
Download Speed: 69.67 Mb/s
Last checked on 25/11/2022
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
White Company Toiletries
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property does not accept dogs
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Refundable Security Deposit
- Air Conditioning
- Large balcony area with sun loungers and outdoor dining
- Charcoal BBQ
- Hair dryer available
- There are stairs to the first and second floors
- There is one parking permit for the long stay car park - Creek End ( summer ) Shadycombe ( winter )
- This property can accommodate stair gates. Please speak to our team about bringing your own.
- Travel Cot and High Chair both available.
Make An Enquiry
1 The Strand offers you...
Keeping it cool
Air conditioning in each of the bedrooms
Let me entertain you
Large entertaining space to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Outdoor dining area
Enjoy meals al fresco style and use the gas BBQ to sizzle your sausages
Stunning estuary views
Drink in the views from the terrace and bedroom balconies
Relax on the sunny terrace with outdoor seating and sun loungers
Brilliantly central location
Walk out of the front door into the epicentre of Salcombe
1 The Strand Location
15% Discount on Christmas and New Year Stays
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.