Welcome to White Horses
White Horses Overview
White Horses is a big detached house privately set at the end of a no-through private lane above South Sands and North Sands beaches in Salcombe. With fantastic sea views and beautifully styled rooms, this is wonderful accommodation for spending quality time with family or friends.
From the hall, head into the L-shaped open-plan hub of the house where your eye will be drawn to the views to Prawle Point from the big bay window. This is a room for relaxing, with its underfloor heated wooden floors, smart furniture, cosy wood-burning stove and bespoke kitchen area. On sunny days, you can open the French windows to the terrace.
For anyone who prefers a ground floor bedroom, there are two handy en suite king size bedrooms, one of which enjoys those great sea views, or head upstairs to three more bedrooms, also looking out to sea one of which even has a balcony off one of the en suite doubles.
The garden rambles all around the house, making it brilliantly secluded. You have a choice of eating alfresco at the picnic table on the lawn or at the table on the terrace. And if you fancy a soak in some bubbles, you can add the pop-up 5-7 seater hot tub as an extra for your booking.
Wander down into Salcombe to enjoy the picturesque beaches, to explore the boutique shops and to eat out at a range of excellent restaurants and waterside pubs. It takes 6 mins to walk down to South Sands beach, and 8 minutes to North Sands beach with the ever popular Winking Prawn cafe.
You can work it all off with the variety of activities available in this yachty location, including kayaking, paddle-boarding, surfing and boat hire. To keep your feet dry, walk the Coast Path, play golf at Bigbury or stroll around stunning NT gardens. With its spacious and stylish interior and location in a popular area, White Horses is a fabulous place to stay.
No smoking inside the house.
Two well behaved dogs allowed.
Allergies: Please note that dogs have been in White Horses.
- Entrance hallway into open plan kitchen, dining with sliding windows onto main terrace
- Kitchen area leading through to sitting with TV and wood-burner
- Additional dining area with views out to sea
- Bedroom (king size) with en suite shower room (shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom (king size) with en suite shower room (large shower, twin basin, WC)
- Utility room with separate washing machine and tumble drier
- Downstairs cloakroom (basin, WC)
- Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor
First Floor Floor
- Master bedroom (super king size) with stunning views out to sea and en-suite bathroom (bath, shower over bath, basin, WC)
- Bedroom (twin)
- Bedroom (king size) with private large sea view balcony and en suite shower room (shower, basin, WC)
- Large family bathroom (bath, shower over bath, basin, WC)
- Vast main terrace catching the sun throughout the day, with dining area and gas BBQ
- Fire pit area with seating area
- Side terrace with large outdoor dining table and chairs
- Private gardens to explore with lawned area and beautifully planted borders
- Private balcony off the first floor bedroom
- Lane next to the house leads down to a footpath leading down to South Sands beach
- Free-standing fridge-freezer
- Under-counter fridge
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Induction hob
- Steam iron and ironing board
- HDTV in sitting room
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Parking for up to 4 vehicles on driveway
- Additional private parking available along the lane
- Fire pit on terrace
- Large kitchen island with wine fridge and seating
- Gas barbecue
- Private lawn with beautifully planted boarders
- Balcony from upstairs bedroom
- Stunning terrace with comfortable seating and outdoor dining areas
- 3 x King
- 1 x Super King
- 1 x Twin
Friday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Upload Speed: 7.85 Mb/s
Download Speed: 44.67 Mb/s
Last checked on 06/04/2023
500 thread-count high quality bed linen changed weekly
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property accepts Two dogs at an additional charge of £45 each.
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Refundable Security Deposit
- Fire pit on terrace
- Gas BBQ
- Hair dryers available
- There are stairs to the first and second floors
- Each bedroom has it's own bathroom (either en-suite or main bathroom)
- Parking for up to 4 vehicles in the driveway
- Travel Cot and High Chair both available.
- Optional mid stay clean on request
- Option to add a pop up 5-7 seater hot tub for an additional charge
- Iron and ironing board available
- South Sands is 6 minutes walk away
- North Sands is 8 minutes walk away
Make An Enquiry
White Horses offers you...
Wonderful sunny terrace
Relax outside in the sunshine on comfortable seating
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining space to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Woofers very welcome
White Horses welcomes a four-legged friend
Perfect for friends and family
Five spacious bedrooms and plentiful living spaces
Let's get sizzling
Enjoy al fresco dining with the gas BBQ to sizzle your sausages
White Horses Location
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.