Welcome to Westcombe
There are few properties in Salcombe that tick quite as many boxes as Westcombe. It’s got history whilst also being the height of contemporary style and luxury; it’s close to all the best bits that the area has to offer but is also a destination in its own right; the location delivers total tranquility but you never need to worry about missing out on Salcombe’s big events, and in addition to everything else the sea is right at the bottom of the garden.
Westcombe has been in the same family for generations, and its iconic boathouse is a much-loved landmark along the coastline. It was originally built around 1924 and was purchased in the 1930s by Captain Raymond Eardley Morris and Grace Edith Thallon, who became central figures in the local community. In 2021, the family undertook an extensive restoration of the house, gardens, and the boathouse, resulting in a state-of-the-art holiday home that’s now available for guests.
Perfect for family holidays or getaways with friends, the five-bedroom, five-bathroom house sleeps up to 10 people and has enough on-site parking for up to eight cars as well. Inside, you will find modern design that’s stylish, sophisticated but also welcoming and relaxed. There’s a large open plan kitchen with a convivial waterfall island and dining for up to 10 people as well as a lounge area leading onto the south terrace.
The main lounge is light and is decorated in neutral colours with enough seating for all guests and an elevated position which means you can fully appreciate the estuary views. Bifold doors lead out onto the east terrace making for a joyful indoor/outdoor living experience in the summer months as well as dramatic winter vistas.
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a decadent five-metres of floor-to-ceiling windows, which lets in an abundance of natural light. It has a super king bed as well as built-in wardrobes and a dressing table. Meanwhile, the en suite bathroom features marble walls, a freestanding bath, a walk-in rainfall shower and double sinks.
Guest bedrooms are equally opulent, continuing the neutral colour palette that runs through the property and all equipped with super king-size or king-size beds, smart TVs and built-in wardrobes and dressing tables. All guest bathrooms are bedecked with natural stone and calm colours as well as walk-in showers, luxury vanity units and backlit mirrors.
The cinema room is one of our favourite features – perfect for relaxing after days on the beach or when the weather isn’t playing ball. The deep sofa invites you to put your feet up and enjoy your movie of choice on the 75-inch TV under a ‘starlit’ ceiling. For those seeking a workout, there’s a private gym within the property, complete with weights and cardiovascular machines.
Outside, guests delight in the landscaped gardens which include a 15-metre heated swimming pool including a shallow paddling area as well as space to swim. There’s a built-in hot tub, a waterfall feature and an automatic safety cover. The pool is surrounded by loungers and there’s a summer house in the garden for outside dining and general merriment – all of which takes the Salcombe tradition of enjoying the great outdoors and supercharges it for a truly luxe holiday.
Up to 5 dogs welcome at no additional charge.
Please note that a gardener will be working on Thursday's between 2pm and 5pm. We are assured that no noisy machinery will be used while guests are in residence.
- On the ground floor there are 5 bedrooms all with their own en-suite
- Master bedroom (Super-king) with built in wardrobe, dressing table, 43″ smart TV, floor to ceiling sliding doors with estuary views and large en suite (Freestanding bath, walk in shower, double vanity unit, WC)
- Bedroom (super king or twin) with built in wardrobe, dressing table, 43″ smart TV, floor to ceiling sliding doors with estuary views and en suite (walk in shower, vanity unit, WC)
- Bedroom (super king or twin) with built in wardrobe, dressing table, 43″ smart TV, floor to ceiling sliding doors and en suite (walk in shower, vanity unit, WC)
- Bedroom (kingsize) with built in wardrobe, dressing table, 43″ smart TV, floor to ceiling sliding doors and en suite (walk in shower, vanity unit, WC)
- Bedroom (super king or twin) with built in wardrobe and en suite (walk in shower, vanity unit, WC)
- Cinema room with bespoke 5 seater double chaise sofa, 75″ TV with Dolby Atmos 7.1 surround sound system, starlight ceiling
- Utility room with Miele washing machine and Miele tumble dryer, Dyson vacuum, sink
- Heated drying cupboard with built in ventilation.
- Plant room (no access for guests)
- Stunning 900 sq ft open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area with 12 ft vaulted ceilings, featuring a stunning 8m x 2m all glass rooflight, apex lights and 5m external sliding pocket doors to the south terrace
- Southern terrace with separate outdoor seating and dining areas for 10 with estuary views
- Lounge with seating for 14 people, 65″ TV with Sky and ceiling speakers, built in gas fireplace. Bi-fold doors to the Eastern terrace and huge 3m picture window
- Eastern terrace with views towards Salcombe harbour
- Cloakroom and guest WC
- Iconic boathouse with bar, lounge area and large outside terrace with seating for 10 to enjoy the stunning estuary views
- Paddle-boards, kayaks, lifejackets and crabbing lines for guest use with direct water access
- Private mooring
- Exposed stone walls, large chesterfield sofas and historic furniture
- 43″ TV with Sky TV, Darts board and plenty of board games for the family to enjoy
- Wood burning stove, double fridge and built in ceiling speakers
- Guest WC
- Large private gym with air conditioning / heating
- 1kg – 40kg dumbell set, 2kg – 20kg kettlebell, multiple olympic weight bars, 250kg of assorted olympic weight plates
- Primal strength monster power rack
- Exercise bike, treadmill, punch bag
- Floor to ceiling mirrors
- Sonos ceiling speakers and 43″ smart TV
- Bathroom (WC, sink)
Outdoor Heated Pool
- 15m x 5m heated swimming pool with spa, stunning waterfall feature and automatic safety cover
- Summer house with seating, changing facilities and 2 fridges
- Six sun loungers
- Heated outdoor shower
- Outdoor table tennis table
- Outdoor seating / dining area for 12 people with gas powered fire table
- 10 person hot tub behind the boathouse with stunning estuary views
- 3 outdoor heated outdoor seating areas including dining for 14 people
- Fire pit area with seating for over 16 people and views to the Salcombe Harbour
- Outdoor kitchen with Firemagic BBQ, Ooni pizza oven, sink and a fridge
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
- State of the art Crestron home automation system with touch panels throughout
- Air cooling system / underfloor heating throughout
- American Fridge freezer with water and ice dispenser
- Miele dishwasher
- Wine fridge
- Gas Falcon Range with 5 hobs, grill and double ovens
- Additional built-in Miele combination oven
- Miele warming drawer
- Dual zone wine fridge and wine rack
- Built in Miele coffee machine with additional Nespresso coffee machine
- Separate Miele washing machine and tumble dryer
- Dyson cordless vacuum
- 1000 litre water tank allowing for all guests to shower simultaneously
- Sky TV in Kitchen, Main lounge, Cinema room and master bedroom
- Cinema room with 75″ screen with Dolby Atmos 7.1 sound system and starlight ceiling. Sky UHD including Sports and movies, Xbox one and PS4 with plenty of games for the whole family. Built in HDMI cable
- Free ultrafast 1GB fibre optic WiFi throughout
- Sonos ceiling speakers throughout ground floor,, master bedroom, gym, pool area and Boathouse
- Guest log ins for Sky Q, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+
- 3 outdoor heated relaxation and dining areas for up to 14 people
- Outdoor table tennis / pool table in pool area
- 10 person hot tub
- Large fully equipped gym with TV and sound system
- Boathouse loaded with life jackets, crabbing lines and 2 double kayaks and 6 paddle-boards
- Running mooring to the Boathouse
- Gas fired barbecues
- Huge library of children’s DVDs
- Plenty of board games
- Outside heated showers
- State of the art HD CCTV system
- Electric front gates
- Remotely monitored burglar alarms
- Off-road parking for up to 8 cars
- Two electric car superchargers
- 1 x Super King
- 3 x Super King or Twin
- 1 x King
Saturday in peak seasons more flexibility at other times
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes Virtuo capsules) and Miele built in coffee machine (takes beans)
Upload Speed: 29.82 Mb/s
Download Speed: 43.66 Mb/s
Last checked on 02/02/2023
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property is very happy to accept dogs at no additional charge
Click here for information
EV Charging LocationsThere are two electric super car chargers at the property
Refundable Security Deposit
- Extensive gardens with access to the water
- Outside seating for 16 with fire pit and hot tub
- Outdoor heated shower
- Gas BBQ with additional dining and seating area
- Hairdryers available
- Heated Swimming pool with internal jacuzzi and safety cover
- Pool house with 2 fridges
- Private gym with TV, separate WC and sink
- Boathouse with paddle boards, kayaks, life jackets, crabbing lines - bar area, log burner, TV, darts board
- There are several steps / stairs in the internal and external part of the property.
- Plenty of parking on drive
- This property cannot accommodate stair gates.
- Travel Cot and High Chair both available.
- Blankets provided for cosy evenings under the stars on the terraces
- Private laundry facilities
- Bedding, bed linen and bath towels provided and beds made up weekly
- Please note that a gardener will be working on Thursday's between 2pm and 5pm. We are assured that no noisy machinery will be used while guests are in residence.
If you’d like to check any specific information that isn't mentioned in our descriptions, please call us and speak to one of our Holiday Consultants or see our FAQ's page.
Make An Enquiry
Westcombe offers you...
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Heated outdoor swimming pools
Enjoy splashing around the pool or relax and unwind in the 10 person hot tub
Stunning waterfront position
Drink in the views from the main house terraces and waterfront boathouse
Contemporary interior design
The finest interior design and architecture combined with the highest quality facilities
Private running mooring
Moor up your boat, and easily explore the beautiful harbour when the tide is in
Private cinema room
The big screen is yours for evening blockbusters
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.