Welcome to Topwood
Topwood sits in a fabulous location along the highly desirable Sandhills Road in Salcombe, and is only minutes from North Sands with its golden sandy beaches, iconic Winking Prawn beach café and glorious coast paths.
The house is seriously impressive with its sweeping sunny terraces, sun loungers and hot tub giving it a very Mediterranean feel. The sea twinkles in the distance, and South Sands beach peeks out as the tide ebbs away. Al fresco dining will be the order of the day with the generous dining area and gas BBQ which doubles as a small pizza oven.
And as the sun sets, Topwood remains bathed in sun light well into the evening, and later on the fire-pit comes into its own for long evening conversations. The beautiful gardens are there to be explored with the interesting flora and fauna, plus a lawned area for competitive croquet matches.
Entering the house from the private parking area there are steps up to a sensational living room with glorious views out to sea and towards South Sands. The balcony area, epic sound system and comfortable sofas make this one of the best seats in the house. A separate area with hanging space for your jacket and wellies leads onto a useful cloakroom.
Downstairs you will reach the well-equipped open plan kitchen and dining area which leads to a beautiful sitting area. As the night cools, this is a supremely comfortable place to retire and a gas wood burner ensures a cosy evening. With large sliding windows leading out onto the vast terrace, you are seamlessly linked with the outside areas.
A few steps up from the kitchen is the master bedroom with its show stopping free-standing bath overlooking the dramatic North Sands valley. The bedroom has its own balcony, dressing room and en suite shower room.
Downstairs is a second master bedroom with its own private balcony nestled into the trees and with views towards the sea. The dressing room and en suite shower room make this a wonderful grown up bedroom. The nearby utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer is a great space for washing/drying from the days events.
Down just a few steps is the garden room with a television (great for the kids to watch the latest Hollywood blockbuster) and a piano letting the musicians of the party tinkle the ivories. This leads onto the games room with a table tennis table for you to host some competitive matches with your holiday crew.
Two more bedrooms are on this lower ground level. Each enjoy their own sliding glass doors out to the terrace with sea views, and en suite shower rooms. The larger of the two rooms has a couple of sofas, and there is space for two occasional beds to be set-up (you can request these during the booking process).
Topwood is the place to revitalise and relax on your holiday with its generous proportions and facilities. For those looking for a little action, you are only minutes away from the beach for your early morning swim or sunset paddle-board. The Salcombe high street is a 15 minute walk along an iconic coastal road or a short drive away.
Winner of a Building Excellence Award 2023 for Best Individual New Home
Unfortunately Topwood is not suitable for pets.
Allergies: Please note that dogs have been in Topwood.
- Entrance from driveway into hallway with coat cupboard
- Up the steps to the incredible living room with epic sound system, a balcony giving wonderful sea views
- Boot cupboard and cloakroom (WC, sink)
- Open plan kitchen with door out onto main terrace
- Dining area leading through to TV lounge and two-sided gas fireplace
- Access onto terrace through full height sliding glass doors
- Steps up to Master bedroom (super king) with balcony, freestanding bath, dressing room and en-suite shower room
Lower Ground Floor
- Master bedroom 2 (super king or twin) with balcony, dressing room and en-suite shower room
- Garden room with HD television, piano, library and access to terrace
- Games room with table tennis table
- Guest bedroom (king) with access to terrace and ensuite shower room
- Guest suite (super king or twin) with comfortable sitting area and access to terrace and en-suite shower room. Option to have 2 x single beds set-up in this room
- Utility room with separate washing machine and tumble drier
- Vast main terrace catching the sun throughout the day, with hot tub, sun loungers, dining table with umbrella and gas BBQ which doubles as a small pizza oven
- Private gardens to explore with lawned area and beautifully planted borders
- Fire pit area with seating area
- Private balcony off the main master bedroom
- Lower terrace running across bedrooms on lower ground floor
- Garden leads down to Sandhills Road, and then you can quickly access a footpath leading down to Cliff Road and North Sands beach
- Lower terrace water feature
- Integrated fridge-freezer
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Induction hob
- Miele ovens
- Milk frother
- Quooker tap
- Steam iron and ironing board
- Sonos throughout the house
- HDTV in two sitting rooms
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Parking for up to 3 vehicles on driveway
- Additional free parking available along the road
- Gas barbecue which doubles as a small pizza oven
- Hot Tub on the terrace
- Fire pit on lower garden area
- Private lawn with beautifully planted boarders
- Terraces off all of the 4 bedrooms
- Stunning terrace with loungers and outdoor dining area
- 1 x super king
- 2 x twin or super kings
- 1 x kingsize
- 2 x optional single beds
Friday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes original capsules)
Upload Speed: 2.12 Mb/s
Download Speed: 16.23 Mb/s
Last checked on 31/01/2023
High quality bedding, bed linen and bath towels supplied and beds made up weekly
The White Company toiletries provided throughout (hand wash, body lotion, shower gel and individual soaps)
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property does not accept dogs
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
There is an electric car charger in the garage
Refundable Security Deposit
- There is a travel cot and high chair at the property.
- Allergies: Please note that dogs have been in Topwood.
- There is parking for up to 3 vehicles on the driveway.
- Additional free parking is available along the road.
- Utility area with laundry facilities, including an iron and ironing board
- Please note that every other Friday there will be a gardener working
If you’d like to check any specific information that isn't mentioned in our descriptions, please call us and speak to one of our Holiday Consultants or see our FAQ's page.
Make An Enquiry
Topwood offers you...
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Outdoor seating and fire pit
While away the evenings around the fire pit
Privacy and prestige
Tucked along prestigious Sandhills Road nr North Sands
Perfect for friends and family
Spacious bedrooms and plentiful spaces makes this a great home for a family holiday
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.