Welcome to Bamboo House
Bamboo House Overview
Bamboo House is an architectural beauty which sits nestled along the coastal road in Salcombe. Clad in bamboo and with a striking green roof, this is now an iconic Salcombe property that sits close by to the well-known ‘broccoli tree’ (correctly called a Lebanese Cedar!)
In a commanding position, and with incredible estuary views, we know you’ll love watching the world go by on the water whilst you have your cup of tea in the morning. Or perhaps a glass of bubbles in the evening underneath the pergola in the garden will float your boat.
Bamboo House has views overlooking East Portlemouth’s beautiful sandy beaches, sweeping round to the harbour and out of the estuary. And it’s close to both all the action in town and the local sandy beach at North Sands, and the famed Winking Prawn beach cafe.
From the driveway, enter the signature front door into the generous hallway which is beautifully lined with wood. The bedroom (kingsize or twin beds if requested) off to the left of the hallway has stunning views across the estuary towards the beaches, and to the right of the hallway is a large shower room with hand basin and toilet.
Upstairs the views and the feeling of light and space give Bamboo House the real wow factor. The main open plan living area and well-equipped kitchen have sliding doors out to the terrace to make the most of the magnificent views. Privacy glass has been installed (which looks dark from the outside) so you won’t be easily watched whilst inside the house. For evening privacy there are blinds and curtains to make this large space cosy.
The second bedroom (kingsize) with en suite bathroom is at the back of the house, and is a lovely sanctuary of peace and calm with a window view of the fuchsias covered cliff side.
Upstairs to the mezzanine level is a work space with a serious view. Your productivity might take a hit if you plan on opening the laptop whilst away! Also on this level is additional seating plus a 50” sized 4K Smart television.
When the sun disappears from terrace, there is a secluded garden next to the driveway to be enjoyed to elongate your time in le soleil. A pergola with seating underneath gives you exquisite views over the water the beaches and out to sea.
The house is just a short walk from the centre of town so you are only minutes away from all the action. There is one parking space available on the driveway and no guest access to the garage.
Due to the design of the staircase up to the mezzanine level, children must be over 9 years of age, or babes in arms.
Strictly no pets allowed.
No smoking allowed inside.
Allergies: please note that no dogs have been in Bamboo House.
- Entrance from driveway into hallway with a shoe fitting bench and pegs for coats
- Bedroom (kingsize or twin) with estuary views
- Large shower room (shower, sink, WC, hanging for wetsuits)
- Utility (washing machine only)
- Spacious open plan kitchen, dining and seating area with sea views from all angles
- Full length sliding glass doors out to terrace from the seating and kitchen area
- Bedroom (kingsize) with en suite bathroom (large bath, shower over bath, sink, bidet, WC)
- Workspace with views out to sea
- Seating area with SmartTV
- Terrace on the first floor with sensational estuary views
- Private terrace of the to the garden with seating and exquisite views towards Mill Bay and out to sea
- Free WiFi throughout
- Microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Induction hob
- Filter coffee machine
- SmartTV (please log in for own streaming services)
- Washing machine
- Sliding glass doors out onto terrace with one way glass and curtains for evening privacy
- Comfortable outside seating
- Private terrace of next door garden to enjoy tea or evening drinks under Pergola
- Office space on mezzanine level for private working
- Driveway parking for 1 x car
- 1 x kingsize or twin
- 1 x kingsize
Friday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes original capsules)
Upload Speed: 4.81 Mb/s
Download Speed: 13.13 Mb/s
Last checked on 23/11/2022
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
The White Company toiletries supplied
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property does not accept dogs
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Click here for information
Refundable Security Deposit
- Children must be over 9 years of age, or babes in arms.
- Allergies: please note that no dogs have been in Bamboo House.
- Parking on the driveway for one car.
- Travel cot and high chair unavailable
- Hair dryer available
- Iron and ironing board available
Make An Enquiry
Bamboo House offers you...
Wonderful sunny terrace
Relax in the sunshine on the comfortable outdoor seating
An award-winning architecturally inspired house
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Glorious estuary views
Enjoy the ever changing vistas from the house, balcony and garden
Perfect for couples
Two luxurious bedrooms and bathrooms with space to relax for friends on holiday
Situated along Cliff Road giving you easy access to the shops one way, or North Sands the other
Bamboo House Location
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.