Welcome to Asman
Asman (meaning highest heaven!) is a glorious Edwardian house located along the prestigious Sandhills Road near North Sands in Salcombe. With only a short walk to the beach, you can be throwing balls into the water for your dog to retrieve, paddling with little ones or floating into the sunset on your paddle board.
Entering the pretty lobby to a large entrance hallway you will see the wonderful feature staircase and stunning Katherine Lightfoot Artwork. A dedicated cloakroom by the front door has pegs for coats with a bench and motion sensing lighting.
Along the hallway is a beautiful open plan kitchen and dining area which is south facing to enjoy spectacular views across the North Sands Valley and bright sunlight throughout the day. The well-equipped kitchen makes entertaining and cooking a delight. The window seat in the dining area makes for a fantastic dog bed and is equally relaxing for humans alike! An outside lounge and barbecue area leads off the kitchen catching the morning sun.
The utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer and hanging area is large enough to be a separate kitchen in its own right but has plenty of room for dog paraphernalia and washing/drying from the days events.
As the night cools, the living room is a comfortable place to retire and a wood burner ensures a cosy night. And as the sun sets, Asman remains bathed in sun light well into the evening, when the fire-pit and front terrace come into their own for sundowners.
Upstairs is a spacious master bedroom, with its large balcony and sliding doors enjoys spectacular views across the North Sands Valley. The super king size bed itself is the range topping Vi-spring Tiara superb ensuring the best night’s sleep. The master bedroom also has a TV and separate seating area, allowing the occupants to truly get away once they close the door.
Leading off the Master is a spectacular ensuite with a large double ended cast iron bath taking centre stage with polished nickel Imperial floor standing taps. The sink is double sized with plenty of room for his and hers wash items and two electrical points. Lefroy Brooks polished nickel vanity lighting flanks an enormous mirror that reaches almost to the ceiling.
Next door, adjoined by a lockable connecting door, is a double bedroom with an ensuite shower room. Its location to the North of the house makes it a particularly cosy room for sleepers who wish to avoid sun creeping around the curtains.
To the south of the floor is a corner double bedroom with spectacular views and bright sunshine. Outside this room is a separate shared shower and WC which is shared with the twin room across the hall. The twin room has zip and lock mattresses to turn the two single beds into a further double room if required.
Up on the second floor is a further bedroom with gabled roof and velux windows. There are two single beds which can be made up into doubles (if requested) along with a Smart TV and Playstation making this the ultimate teen and kid hangout. This room can also double as an office with a desk and chair for anyone wishing to catch up on any work. The en suite bathroom completes the top floor.
Asman is a generously proportioned house that is perfect for your next coastal retreat with friends or family. Dog friendly, well-equipped, beautiful decor and home to the locally famous Salcombe Spaniels!
Please note: there is no door separating the master bedroom from its bathroom.
No smoking inside the house.
Please notify the team of any dogs coming to stay.
Gated access at the bottom of the garden leads down Sandhills Rd to a public footpath leading to Norths Sands within minutes.
Access to Salcombe town centre is a further walk along the picturesque Cliff Road that runs alongside the estuary and takes approximately 10 minutes.
The gardens are “dog safe” for the owners Spaniels but guests are asked to satisfy themselves that the facilities are sufficient for their own escape artists.
Up to 4 well-behaved dogs allowed at an additional charge per dog.
- Pretty lobby leading to a large entrance hallway with feature staircase and Katherine Lightfoot Artwork
- Cloakroom area with bench and pegs for coats
- Spacious kitchen with a south facing aspect
- Dining area with window seat and spectacular views across the North Sands Valley and bright sunlight throughout the day
- Outside lounge and barbecue area which leads off the kitchen/utility catching the morning sun
- Outdoor shower
- Large front terrace catching the sun throughout the day
- Side terrace with fire-pit and deck chairs; perfect for sundowners
- Living room with wood burner for a comfortable place to retire
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and hanging area
- Cloakroom (WC, sink) accessed from the hallway
- Bedroom 1: Very spacious master bedroom with sliding windows out to large balcony with sun loungers. Enjoys spectacular views across the North Sands Valley. The super-king size bed itself is the range topping Vi-spring Tiara superb ensuring the best night’s sleep. Huge en suite bathroom (free-standing double ended cast iron bath, sink, WC)
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with ensuite shower room (shower, sink, WC). It’s location to the North of the house makes it a particularly cosy room for sleepers who wish to avoid sun creeping around the curtains
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with spectacular views and bright sunshine.
- Bedroom 4: Twin room has zip and lock mattresses to turn the two single beds into a further double room if required.
- Family shower room (shower, sink, WC)
- Toilet (WC, sink)
- Bedroom 5: spacious bedroom with two single beds than can be set-up to two doubles if requested. Smart TV and Playstation for the ultimate kids hangout!
- En suite bathroom (bath, sink, WC) with gabled roofs and velux roof windows
- Mature gardens surround the property with Wisteria covered veranda and walls
- A large centrally located balcony is accessed from the Master Bedroom
- A large terrace running the length of the house is accessed from the kitchen/dining areas
- Bramblecrest lounge area is accessed between the kitchen and utility areas which catches the morning sun and is shaded later in the day
- The gravelled sunset terrace and fire-pit is accessed from the living room or walking along the terrace
- Gated access at the bottom of the garden leads down Sandhills Rd to a public footpath leading to North Sands within minutes
- Access to Salcombe Town Centre is a further walk along the picturesque Cliff Road that runs alongside the estuary and takes approximately 10 minutes
- The gardens are “dog safe” for the owners Spaniels but guests are asked to satisfy themselves that the facilities are sufficient for their own escape artists
- Miele Integrated Fridge Freezer with ice maker
- Miele Dishwasher
- Miele Tumble Dryer
- Miele Washing Machine
- Further Island Fridge-freezer, dining table side for drinks
- Further Island Fridge, Lacanche side
- Lacanche range oven in the kitchen.
- Nespresso machine
- Cusinart Toaster and Kettle
- Filtered Water Tap, with Devol and Perrin and Rowe taps.
- Tefal Steam iron and Brabantia Ironing Board
- Dyson V10 Ciordless Hoover
- Miele C3 Powerline Cat and Dog Hoover
- Herb Drawer, food steamer, stick blender, electric whisk, food processor.
- Sharp knives, knife sharpener, feature cheese boards
- George Jensen cocktail shaker & ice bucket with cocktail glasses.
- Sonos sound system in Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room
- Sonos sub-woofer in the Kitchen island for spectacular sound.
- Phillips Hue Lighting throughout groundfloor.
- Jim Lawrence, Devol, Oka and Nkuku light fittings with Philips Hue colour changing ambient lighting to feature pendants lights and side lamps.
- Panasonic HDTV with Sonos Speakers, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick in both Kitchen and Living Room
- Panasonic TV in Master Bedroom
- Hairdryers in each bedroom.
- GHD hair straighter in master bedroom
- Two off road car spaces (two more possible on driveway with care)
- Readily available free on road parking surrounding house on Sandhills Rd
- Zappi 7w Tethered Electric Car Charger
- Located in the North Sands Valley close to North Sands beach
- Bramblecrest lounge outdoor seating with Weber gas barbecue
- Sunset terrace with fire pit and deck chairs
- Balcony off Master Bedroom with cruise liner deck loungers
- Valley facing terrace the length of the house
- Office desk and chair in top bedroom for private working
- Outdoor shower area
- Philips Hue Outdoor Lighting
- Extremely private
- 1 x Super King
- 2 x Doubles
- 1 x Twin
- 2 x day beds that can be either single or double
Saturday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes original capsules)
Upload Speed: 4.56 Mb/s
Download Speed: 20.86 Mb/s
Last checked on 01/09/2022
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
The White Company toiletries available
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
Yes, up to four dogs charged at £45 per dog per booking.
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Click here for more information
Refundable Security Deposit
- Outside Shower
- Gas BBQ
- There are steps around the internal and external areas of the property
- Hair dryers available in every room
- Straightners available
- Iron and ironing board available
- High chair available, please speak to the team
- Travel cot available, please speak to the team
- There's parking for up to two cars on a steep drive. Roadside parking also available outside the property
- This property can accommodate stair gates. Please speak to our team about bringing your own with you.
If you’d like to check any specific information that isn't mentioned in our descriptions,please call us and speak to one of our Holiday Consultants or see our FAQ's page.
Make An Enquiry
Asman offers you...
Wash sandy toes and paws, or rinse out those wetsuits!
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Outdoor seating and fire pit
While away the evenings around the fire pit
Privacy and prestige
Tucked along prestigious Sandhills Road nr North Sands
Woofers very welcome
4 furry-friends welcome to enjoy their holiday at Asman
Perfect for friends and family
Spacious bedrooms and plentiful spaces makes this a great home for a family holiday
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.