Welcome to The Whitehouse
The Whitehouse Overview
The Whitehouse is situated in Chillington, which is a small village that sits between Salcombe and Dartmouth; the perfect base for exploring both towns and their surrounding areas of outstanding natural beauty. Long stretches of stunning coastline stretch out on either side of the village. Lush countryside, towns and villages are within easy striking distance of the house.
The house is within easy reach of dozens of south Devon beaches. Sunbathe, surf, windsurf, paddle-board, swim, fish or simply walk the dog along this stretch of the coastal path.
The house is simply beautiful inside and out. With so many different rooms for relaxing and entertaining, you won’t feel on top of one another. Instead the house will be the most wonderful base for a big family holiday or group of friends looking for something special.
The stylish interiors include a drawing room featuring comfy sofas, chairs to sink into, an open fire and two sets of French doors which open onto the garden. The additional family room is well stocked with games, more relaxing seating and another open fire. Close by the bar will no doubt be a regular haunt for the cocktail makers of the group!
The well-equipped kitchen will be a focus for the foodies. With a relaxed dining table for kids suppers or many morning cups of tea, and lots of storage for food and drink.
Decadent evening meals or relaxed lunches can be enjoyed in the large dining room with log burner, and windows leading out to the sunny terraces and gardens with more space for al fresco dining. If you would like a chef during your stay, please speak to Salcombe Finest for further details.
You will love exploring the beautiful sheltered garden and it’s secret hideaways. There are many quiet corners to read or laze about. For children there is a sunken trampoline, slide and romantic swing hanging from the vast tree on the main lawn. And for balmy summer evenings, there is a Weber charcoal BBQ to sizzle those sausages.
Our four legged friends are welcome at The Whitehouse. Dogs may roam the house, but are not allowed upstairs or on any furniture. Walking directly from the garden, explore Devon’s green lanes, coastal footpaths or the three local pubs within easy walking distance.Or explore the Chillington orchard with valley views and take the dog for a walk before breakfast.
The individually designed bedrooms are a mix of luxury and comfort, with a relaxed feel. The beds are huge (there is even a bed which is over 2 metres wide and long!) and the towels and REN bathroom products luxurious. All of the bedrooms are spacious, well equipped and include wall mounted smart TVs (Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer etc), DVD player and good free wifi. The showers are like rainstorms and the baths are big enough for two.
Bedroom 1 is a gorgeous triple aspect super king room overlooking the garden and village. The ensuite, which opens up to the bedroom, contains a deep, square bathtub and overhead rainstorm shower.
Bedroom 2 (with kingsize bed) has a beautiful curved wall leading to the bathroom.
Bedroom 3 (with super king bed or can be made up as a twin) is an airy, peaceful room on the top floor of the house. It is more like a suite with a separate bedroom and living area. The bathroom features a large walk-in shower and a claw foot bath. With the entire floor to yourself staying up here is a real treat!
Bedroom 4 is one of the most romantic rooms with a hand made four poster super king bed and a beautiful double ended bath in the room. There is a separate ensuite bathroom with a walk in shower.
Bedroom 5 is a huge room boasting a vast Emperor sized bed, a beautiful chaise longue in front of the television and a bathroom that is bigger than most bedrooms! If you want indulgence this is where you will find it!
Bedroom 6 is where the cool kids will be hanging out with bunk bed (and option for 2 x additional truckle beds) and en suite shower room.
Price includes a mid-stay general clean of the kitchen and communal area for a couple of hours.
Please note that the gardener works on Friday mornings and occasionally at other times.
Baby monitors work throughout the house.
All rooms can comfortably accommodate a cot (provided for free).
The showers are like rainstorms and the baths are big enough for two.
REN bathroom products are provided.
There is good Wi-Fi throughout.
A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs are welcome at an addiitonal charge per dog but they are not allowed upstairs into bedrooms or on any furniture.
Smoking not allowed inside.
Allergies: please note that dogs have been in The Whitehouse.
- Pathway through the garden to entrance into hallway
- Drawing room with open fire
- Sitting room with open fire
- Dining room
- Bar area
- Open plan kitchen and dining area
- Doors leading out to sunny terrace with outdoor seating and onto lawn area
- Super king bedroom with en suite (bath, shower over bath, basin, WC)
- Kingsize bedroom with en suite (bath, shower over bath, basin, WC)
- Super king bedroom (can be made up as a twin) with en suite (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Super king bedroom with en suite (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Emperor bedroom with en suite (bath, shower over bath, twin basins, WC)
- Bunk room (2 additional single truckles available on request) with en suite (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Swing and trampoline in gardens
- Sunny terrace with outdoor seating
- Large gardens to explore
- Smart TV’s (Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer etc), dvd player in each bedroom
- Smart TV in kitchen
- Free WiFi throughout property
- Kitchen with convection hob, microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Separate washing machine and tumble dryer
- Sunny terrace with outdoor seating
- Large gardens to explore with swing and trampoline
- Large charcoal Weber BBQ
- Plenty of private off road parking for 6+ cars
- 2 x Super king
- 1 x Kingsize
- 1 x Emperor
- 1 x Superking or twin
- 1 x Bunk beds
- 2 x additional single truckles available on request
Saturday changeover day during school holidays only
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Nespresso machine (takes original capsules)
Upload Speed: 17.00 Mb/s
Download Speed: 65.00 Mb/s
Last checked on 26/01/2023
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
REN bathroom products supplied
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
Yes - two maximum, charged at £45 per dog per booking.
Dogs may roam the house but are not allowed upstairs or on any furniture.
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
Click here for information
Refundable Security Deposit
- Plenty of parking for 6+ cars
- Price includes a mid-stay general clean of the kitchen and communal area for a couple of hours.
- Please note that the gardener works on Friday mornings and occasionally at other times.
- Baby monitors work throughout the house.
- All rooms can comfortably accommodate a cot (provided for free).
- Allergies: please note that dogs have been in The Whitehouse.
- Cots and highchairs available on request
- Iron and ironing board available
- Bed linen and bath towels provided and beds made up weekly
If you’d like to check any specific information that isn't mentioned in our descriptions, please call us and speak to one of our Holiday Consultants or see our FAQ's page.
Make An Enquiry
The Whitehouse offers you...
Perfect for a family
With space to relax, this is a great home for a family holiday
Wonderful sunny terrace
Relax in the sunshine with a drink in hand
Stylish interior design
Gorgeous and uplifting mid-century-style interiors
Woofers very welcome
The house welcomes a four-legged friend
Relax away from the hustle and bustle in your private home
Explore the glorious gardens
A beautiful sheltered garden with many quiet corners to read or laze about
The Whitehouse Location
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.