Welcome to Smurf House
Smurf House Overview
Entering into the hallway, there are views through to the luscious garden, a curvaceous staircase calling you upstairs and to the left a beautifully wooden clad zone. This includes a snug for the kids to hide away and watch television, a very clever concealed utility room featuring a Miele washer and dryer combo.
Most importantly, the ground floor has a dedicated guest room (which can be set-up as either two singles or a super king) and en-suite for wheelchair users, or those less mobile. The en-suite shower room with beautiful deep green tiling has a dedicated built in heated seating in the shower, with brass grab & hinge rails. The whole of the ground floor of the house is wheel chair accessible friendly with no stairs or steps into the house or out into the garden.
There is a second ground floor shower room with gorgeous blue and star tiling.
The open plan kitchen, dining and living room which lead out to the garden are an absolute dream. The incredibly well-equipped kitchen will keep the chefs happy, and the split level island is perfect for wheelchair users to pull up to the action. Double dishwasher action means no-one should be stitched up with the washing up.
The dining area and living spaces each have beautifully custom made seating, and a wood burner in the living room means you can warm those toes on cooler days. One of our favourite spots is the dedicated gin bar; I mean what’s not to love?!
Climbing the stunning spiral staircase with gold leaf embellishments brings you to the first floor there are three king size bedrooms, all with en suite bath or shower rooms, and a double bunk room. Two of the king bedrooms have doors opening out onto a gorgeous decking area with comfortable outdoor seating, and a slide taking you down to the garden.
The double bunks (sleeping up to 4 children in full size singles) are another bespoke build adorned with Pooky lighting, and give children a wonderful place to enjoy their holidays on a mini adventure with friends, sibling or cousins.
Outside is set-up for fabulous al fresco living. Fire up the Rockbox pizza oven, or gas barbecue and enjoy sitting outside chatting with friends and family with a drink in hand. The 6 person hot tub is so much fun for the family, or provides a sanctuary for grown-ups to soothe away any aches or pains. At the bottom of the garden is yet another fab feature - the summer house with games room and TV for the kids to hangout.
Smurf house sits centrally within Malborough, equidistant between Hope Cove and Salcombe. Kingsbridge is only a few miles drive and provides a wider choice for supplies. Dartmouth, Dartmoor, Exeter and Plymouth are all within easy reach and will provide a plethora of activities, shopping, sight seeing and dining to cover all age ranges.
Important Property Notes:
The house is wheelchair and less mobile friendly with guests able to access the whole of the ground floor and garden.
The driveway is wide as well as an extra wide front door to accommodate.
1 pooch is very welcome at an extra charge for £35 per booking.
Guests staying at The Smurf House will be requested to respect noise levels and move indoors after 10pm if entertaining in the garden. No stag, hen or parties are permitted at The Smurf House and we kindly ask our guests to respect the local residents living along Higher Town. Any breach of the booking terms will be enforced.
There is one off-road parking space immediately outside the house, with no height restriction. We ask that further vehicles use the village car park a short walk away.
- Super king or twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (shower with built in seating and grab and hinge rails, basin, WC).
- Shower room with two person shower, basin and WC
- Utility room with washer dryer
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living room with gin bar and glass doors leading to the outside
- King size bedroom with en-suite (walk in shower, basin, WC) and access to outside decking with outside seating
- King size bedroom with en-suite (large walk in shower, basin, WC) and access to outside decking with outside seating
- King size bedroom with en-suite (roll top bath, hand held shower, large basin, WC)
- Double bunk room (full size singles suitable for children only)
- Decked balcony area accessed from the first floor overlooking the garden with outdoor seating and a slide leading down to the ground floor outside space
- Lawned area leading to the outdoor summer house come games room and 6 person hot tub
- Miele washer and dryer combo
- Two dishwashers
- Induction hob and extractor
- Flat screen TV
- Double oven
- Fridge and freezer
- 6 seater hot tub
- Gin bar
- Log burner
- Gas BBQ
- 1 x off road parking space with no height restriction immediately outside the house
- Further vehicles can use the village car park a short walk away
- 1 x Super King or Twin
- 3 x King
- 2 x Bunk Beds (full size singles)
Friday for peak periods, flexibility at other times and for short breaks
Arrival and Departure
Arrival from 4:00pm, departure by 10am
Upload Speed: TBC
Download Speed: TBC
Last checked on
High quality bed linen supplied and changed weekly
Each guest has one hand towel and one bath sheet
This property accepts one well behaved dog at the discretion of the owner at a charge of £35
Click here for information
EV Charging Locations
- The house is wheelchair friendly and suitable for those less mobile
- Wide driveway and extra wide front door
- Large balcony area with outside sofas
- Further outside area with hot tub and summer house
- There are stairs to the first floor
- There is one off road parking space and a further on road parking space
Make An Enquiry
Smurf House offers you...
Stylish interior design
Glorious colourful interiors that make you smile
Woofers very welcome
Bring your waggy-tailed friend along for the holiday
Pizza the action
Get the Rockbox pizza oven fired up for family fun
Bubbly hot tub
Soothe those aches and pains away in the bubbles
Smurf House Location
Get in touch
Our Finest Stays specialists are available everyday to answer all your booking enquiries.