Devon is a county of contrasts. Soft sandy beaches and craggy cliff top walks, upmarket seafood restaurants and fish and chips on the beach. It’s this variation that makes it such a great destination for a group or family holiday. There’s something for everybody.
Use your holiday home as a base to explore all the county has to offer. Dip your toes in the English Channel, tackle the South West Coast Path and take cream tea the Devonshire way. Then reconvene at dinner and create more memories that will last a lifetime.
Our large holiday homes in Devon can cater for all types of holidays, including:
Holiday Homes for Families
There’s nothing better than getting multiple generations together for a family holiday. We have a range of holiday homes for big families that include everything from games rooms for the kids to easily accessible ground floor rooms for those that don’t want to climb up and down flights of stairs.
Salcombe has some of the most picturesque beaches in the UK, making it the perfect setting for a large family holiday. Kids will love splashing in the sea while older generations can relax on the beaches and pub terraces, soaking up a different sunset every night.
Many of our holiday homes for large families have open-plan living spaces that are ideal for family dinners. We can even arrange for a private chef to come to your holiday home so there’ll be no squabbling over who’s doing the cooking.
Holiday Homes for Groups
A holiday with like-minded friends can make for an unforgettable experience that may even turn into an annual event. We have a collection of holiday homes for large groups that offer the perfect mix of shared and private spaces.
Many of our large Devon holiday homes have cosy smaller rooms off the main living spaces for those looking for some downtime, while open plan kitchen diners are ideal for group dinners and games nights.
As well as smart use of indoor space, our properties make the most of the great outdoors, with features ranging from swimming pools and jacuzzis to terraces with stunning views. Perfect for popping a bottle of bubbles and catching up with old or new friends.
Popular Large Holiday Homes in Devon
We have a selection of large Devon holiday homes to rent that cater to multi-generational holidays, celebrations or getaways with family friends.
Maberly House is perfect for a family break. Set in the rolling South Devon countryside, with the beach just a short walk away, this property’s brilliant location allows for easy exploration of the local area. If the kids have energy to burn off while the picnic is being packed for such excursions, there is an acre of gardens that surround Maberly. For the adults, the beautifully sheltered gardens provide quiet corners to read or relax.
Eat al fresco with an outdoor dining area at the back of the house, then relax with drinks in the open plan kitchen diner after the sun sets. Maberly makes the perfect large Devon holiday home, with three floors worth of spacious bedrooms and luxurious bathrooms.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bathrooms: 6
- What makes it special: Maberly House doesn’t just offer Georgian beauty and elegance. It gives outdoor enthusiasts everything they need on their doorstep, and its peaceful location means guests can relax away from the hustle and bustle of city living. It is the perfect retreat for large groups of families and friends wanting to catch-up.
The Whitehouse is a grand Georgian house just a stone’s throw from the beautiful beaches of South Devon. With gorgeous mid-century style interiors, it has all the touches to make your large gathering really special. Situated between Salcombe and Dartmouth, The Whitehouse is the perfect base for exploring both Devon towns and the stunning surrounding areas.
As well as a well-equipped kitchen, The Whitehouse has a stylish bar where cocktail lovers can mix up a variety of drinks to be enjoyed on the sunny garden terrace. Dogs are also allowed in this large Devon holiday home. With plenty of room to roam in the extensive, sheltered garden, as well nearby green lanes and coastal footpaths, your four legged friends are bound to have just as much fun as you.
- Sleeps: 14
- Bathrooms: 6 ensuite
- What makes it special: Brilliant dining and entertaining spaces ensure that you have plenty of quality time to catch up with all your family and friends. Open fires in the drawing room and sitting room, as well as a dining room with a wood burner make this property cosy in the winter and enjoyable in all seasons.
The Tower is a Grade II listed house that blends its heritage with modern living. Located right on the waterfront, it is the perfect base to explore Salcombe from. Find local pubs, restaurants and shops a stone’s throw from your doorstep. Downstairs, the open plan kitchen, dining and seating area flows out to a large terrace, making it the ideal place for friends and family to reunite, celebrate or simply relax.
Three of the bedrooms have balconies where you can enjoy your morning coffee overlooking the stunning Salcombe estuary. With large windows throughout the whole property, this property is beautifully light and airy.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bathrooms: 6
- What makes it special: Estuary views give guests a real taste of life in Salcombe. Take full advantage of the brilliant position of this property and watch the sailing boats drift into the harbour from the Tower roof.
If you are looking for a contemporary space to host your large group gathering, Woodspring is the ultimate holiday home for you. The modern home offers open-plan entertaining spaces and a huge living room to relax in. All rooms have brilliant views over the South Devon Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty that you can plan to explore during your stay.
Woodspring has a truly luxurious feel to it. With a large gym and cinema room, you get the chance to properly unwind during your stay.
- Sleeps: 14
- Bathrooms: 6
- What makes it special: If you are a particularly adventurous bunch, make sure that you make the most of the boathouse stashed full of water toys. From the private running mooring at the end of the garden take the paddle boards out on the creek. Indulge in the outside heating shower if you take a dip! The magical outside dining area is the perfect place to chill. After relaxing in the Swedish wood-fired hot tub, gather by the open fire and eat pizzas al fresco using the wood fired oven.
Old Sail Loft
Old Sail Loft is the perfect holiday home for groups of friends or family to entertain and relax. Bright interiors and large windows in every room contribute to the property being incredibly light and airy both in the summer and winter months. The sunny terrace has glorious estuary views over Salcombe harbour.
On the lower ground floor, you will find a recently refurbished kitchen and dining area. Large floor to ceiling doors then open up onto a lower decking and garden area. Whether you want to dine al fresco or sit inside, you are guaranteed to have lots of fun socialising with your nearest and dearest.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bathrooms: 3
- What makes it special: Underfloor heating and a fire pit on the deck makes Old Sail Loft a superior retreat all year round. The elevated position of the property offers a view of Salcombe that is truly unbeatable. Spend time with friends and family exploring the local area from above.
Devon is an area of natural beauty, family-friendly activities and historic buildings. At Salcombe Finest we have a collection of large Devon holiday homes that can sleep up to 20 guests.
If you’re planning a group getaway, get in touch with us. We can help you plan your dream trip.